Thursday 24 March 2011

Summer time and you Have Big Calves


The sun is out and here in England you really have to cherish every single moment of it. But when spring and summer comes the jumpers, jackets and scarfs are not really appropriate to wear. Last year at the end of summer like I have said in my previous posts I went on my first real diet and for 5 months I ate less calories and I exercised and lost weight…I wanted to be able to wear shorts, shirts and all these nice clothes for summer time.

But I gave up because I was misereble and I realised that I was beautiful the way I am and that this is the body I have and I will always have this body. Anyways, I was on the bus one day and It was around the time when school children would come out and I saw this girl, she looked on the chubby side, like me. But she was wearing a shirt with tights and her legs looked good, she pulled it off. That made me think of when I was in highschool and I wore a skirt with black tights and I was very conscious about how I looked and what people would say but looking back at it I actually looked….(dare I say it) Good.


So today I went to town and I bought some black tights. I came home and I tried them on with the skirts I bought last year but I have never worn them, how many of us buy something but we never wear it. Sad. Anyways, I tried the skirts on and they really looked better with tights than leggings. But then I tried a brown pair of shorts that I got last year on holiday. They looked nice and my calves looked good. I didn’t even feel conscious at my calves or felt that they were big like I feel when I wear leggings.


I think that leggings make a person calve’s look bigger…expercially when their big already. I see it all the time, overweight girls who wear leggings and they just make their calves look even bigger than they are and this is the same with me…for two years I have worn them with dresses…but I felt so uncomfortable in them…Leggings do look amazing to those that are skinny but for the big girls….I would try tights…even though tights do ladder and leggings can last a person a long time I still think that tights will definelty make you look and feel good.

Soon I might become brave enough to get patterned tights.

Since the sun is out I am going to wear shorts, skirts and dresses and I know I will feel good doing it…I am so happy with my body and clothes…It might take me an extra ten minutes to find clothes that match and go well with my body frame but when I do I feel good about it. I am more open to wearing clothes that have short sleeves, clothes that are shorts, skirts, jeggings…Last year I never did any of that…I wore jeans all the time. I just hid my body and hiding your body with loads of big jumpers and baggy jeans most of the time doesn’t even make people look good. You know!

No comments:

Post a Comment