Friday 11 March 2011

Jessie J- Who you are album review

RATE: ★★★
Songs: 13
Artist: Jessie J

I remember seeing Jessie J singing do it like a dude a couple of months back and I didn’t like the song at all but after the video started being shown on the television and I gave the song another chance I fell in love with the song and then I heard price tag and I loved that song as well. I also saw a live session on MTV were she performed some songs and then I was like I am going to buy this album.

1) Price tag- Was the second single of the album and Jessie J’s first UK number 1. A decent song, when I first heard it I fell in love with it and let’s say it was on repeat for so long that it started getting annoying. But a good song still.

2) Nobody’s perfect- One of my favourite songs of the album, her voice is amazing. A must listen.

3) Abracadabra- This is an alright song, probably one of the worst in the album…..

4) Big white room- Amazing vocals, it is actually a live recording and it sounds amazing, nice slow song.

5) Casualty of love- One of my favourite songs, it has an RnB feel to it, which I really love. Just amazing.

6) Rainbow- Upbeat song, Jessie J is actually rapping in this, which is alright but it a decent song.

7) Who’s laughing now- The first verse is abit lame but the rest of the song is good. I love how she sings about how people used to put her down but after she becomes famous they start sucking-up to her….

8) Do it like a dude- Amazing song, first single of the album, if you haven’t listened to this were have you been,lol.

9) Mama knows best- I listened to her singing this on Youtube but her voice is good. Decent song at best because of her vocals.

10) L.O.V.E- Another one of my favourites…about love and I really love when they slow it down….and the bridge. Nice RnB song.

11) Stand-up- This has a positive message and it a song you listen to and move your head to.

12) I need this- I was very shocked to hear this song on here, it was on Chris brown’s Graffiti album. Having listened to both versions I still think that Chris brown’s version is better because his voice had more emotion and strength than Jessie’s but a good song still.

13) Who are you- This is amazing- I have to say this is by far the best song in the album. Her voice is mind-blowing in this song. The song is heartfelt and has an amazing message about being who you are no matter what other people say. Just be who you are.

Money well Spent??

In an album with only 13 songs and around 9 songs range from good to amazing, this is great since most artists now a days tend to only have 2 good songs excluding the singles that are decent. I feel like I spend my money wisely and hopefully there will be more albums like this from Jessie J.

Side-note: It was great to see her do different things in this album from live sessions and when she spoke as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment