Sunday 12 May 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Movie Review

Rate:★★★★
Length: 1 hour, 42 minutes
Age: 12A
Genre: Romance, Drama, Highschool

A definition I found of wallflower:

"A type of loner. seemingly shy folks who no one really knows. often some of the most interesting people if one actually talks to them. cute."

 The film is based on a high school student who is a loner and doesn't have any friends, hence the wallflower. He makes friends and everything begins from there. He isn't a wallflower because of his character but more of what he has experienced growing up. He experiences drugs, parties, relationships and more.

Pros- I really enjoyed the family dynamics and how his sister, brother loved him unconditionally and just wanted to see him better. It's rare to see that in a film and that broke my heart.

I am not going to lie, near the end of this film I was choked up, it was very emotional and I didn't think that, that would happen but wow. It's amazing.

Charactor analysis:

Logan aka Charlie:

 He was really good, I believed the character and I actually had a lot of emotions of it all. Hopefully, will see more from him.

Emma Watson
 I just adore her and like everyone else, I was so used to seeing her in Harry potter and being a goody too shoes but she pulled it off very well and showed that she can really act and hopefully, will see more from her.

Nina Dobrev-


An amazing surprise that she was in this film and I am so used to her voice because I watch too much vampire diaries. 



Overall, I don’t think the trailer does this film any justice. I would defiantly recommend it. A must watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment