Monday 31 January 2011

Why I gave up Dieting and Wanting to Lose Weight



After dieting or attempting to lose weight for many years, something was finally working, I was losing weight….Slowly but surely. After 4 months I had lost 11 pounds and my BMI was below 25. I was officially healthy and not overweight but how did I feel. Yes, I felt happy when I had gotten on that scale and the numbers went down but then I would just start thinking about wanting the scale to go even lower and the happieness would go away.

I also received a few compliments about my weight and it felt good. I am not going to say eating healthy and exercising is wrong but when you are doing it to lose weight you usually get carried away and start doing extreme things. For example, I went on a fruits and vegetable diet. In a day I lost 2 pounds but I felt so sick, depressed and sad. I just felt horrible and I think to all these celebs doing this to themselves…it’s not nice and I would rather be overweight than ever go through that again.

As well, I exercise using workout Dvd’s and I sprained my leg using a workout dvd. I never thought that would ever happen to me but it did and now I look at it, am I healthier now than I was before, I think not. I got a cold as well this year, the doctor said because I wasn’t receiving enough nutrients my immune system wasn’t strong enough to fight off the virus as quickly as it had done before and I am a person who hasn’t had a cold or flu in years.

Being healthy is not defined by the number on the scale but you and you're body. Being healthy means being mentally, physically, socially and emotionally well.

No comments:

Post a Comment