Wednesday 1 June 2011

Rihanna- Man Down Official Video Review

I have just viewed Rihanna's new video Man down and wow, the beginning when she shoots the man, I didn't think they would show that in the video but they did and I am glad. Then the whole video goes by and it's beautiful and nice. You get to see the easy life and beauty of Jamaica. Then the club scene comes which is followed by the rape, which I think was done amazingly. Like I feel tense and like shocked when I saw it. Her acting skills are there and it really surprised me.

I think she is growing as an artist and this video hits a raw point were the society doesn't like to talk or even see these scenes and would rather be oblivious of them and I am so surprised that Rihanna and her people did a video about this and the song is amazing, my personal favourite from the album and the video was a real surprise, it had a clear story. Like then I think about Beyonce's run this town video and I would actually put Rihanna as the better artist now because Beyonce danced her way on that video but there was no meaning, story or anything but dancing and that got old after a few days but Rihanna's video, it had substance, I guess is the word.

Peep the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment