Saturday 4 February 2012

Pauline Quirke losing weight but gaining years.

Constant backache, painful knees, a worn out hip, Pauline Quirke reveals that ballooning to 20st was like carrying another person around. Now she’s determined the 7st she’s lost is staying off...

When Pauline Quirke stood on the bathroom scales for the first time in years eight months ago, she thought they were broken so went out and bought another pair. But the reading was the same: 19st 6lb. 
'I'd watched a programme about sumo wrestlers a few days before which said one of them tipped the scales at 20 ½ stone,' she says. 'I thought, "That's a lot of weight." 'Then, the following week, I got on the scales and they said, 19st 6lb. I thought, "That can't be right," so got off, got on, got off again, twiddled the knob. It was definitely 19st 6lb.

'I went to Argos and bought another pair. They said 19st 6lb too. I was the size of a sumo wrestler. That was a real shock. I thought, "I've got to deal with this." Call it what you want, but when you're 19st 6lb, technically that's morbidly obese.' So, very fat? 'Yes. Go on. Use the f-word. It's not insulting. Fat is fat.' 

'I visualised what I wanted from losing weight. First, it was to be healthier and feel better, and then wearing jeans and T-shirts became my thing. I've still got a little way to go. I wanted to lose 8 ½ st.' 

Now, I'm stunned. I weigh just under eight stone. She wanted to lose me, plus an extra leg. 'Imagine me having to lug you around 24/7,' she says.

The sad thing about this is now she looks older than her actual age, she has deffo aged with this weight loss. But we hope she carries on maintaining the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment