Sunday 3 March 2019

Finally got a job, now what?

Ahhh, so after 2 years of applications, rejections and the job centre. I have finally gotten a job and it was honestly by luck. I still can't believe, it wasn't really the job I applied for I am realising but it is a job and I am grateful for it.

Now what do I do?

For the last two years my goal, the reason for me being down was due to me being unemployed but now that I have a job I have two paths, 1 is to try for one more year to see if I can get into a grad scheme and I gave myself this weekend to think about it all. And I am going to try.

If all fails then thats just another year. Of living gone down the drain.

I need to renew my AAT, actually start doing the exams. Look at the companies I want to apply to and set up alerts if it's possible. Prepare for the application process and the questions. I mess up on those but I need to be ready.

I need to lose at least 20 pounds because looks to matter in the dog on business world.

Also, I want to carry on learning French, it's good to be learning Korean but I think knowing French will also help me to have an upper leg.

Wow, I cannot believe I am actually going to do this.

I am actually going to carry on in the hopes of one day becoming an accountant. If I don't succeed this year then I will know it wasn't meant to be and I will try my luck at being self-employed.

This job has made me a little bit more employable and I am going to work twice as hard so that I can be a success at it.

Even though this was partly luck, I do believe that I deserve this job because my goodness I worked hard, I had a positive outlook on working for free. I worked for free on two internships. I did it all without complaining once and I think this job was a way of my hard work being paid of.

So, I am going to carry on working hard. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment